Washroom Industry News
TOILETS, TAPS AND TRAINING - A LIFESAVING TRIO
o3 group is proud to support the Toilet twinning charity to help fund a project in a poor community that will enable families to build a basic toilet, have access to clean water and learn about hygiene - a vital combination that saves lives.
Without proper toilets and clean water, people are trapped in a vicious cycle:
• They’re likely to become sick through sanitation-related diseases
• Illness means they cannot work or farm their land, so they earn less or grow less food
• Children often miss school, because they are sick or because they’re busy collecting water
• Girls often drop out of school altogether when they start their periods if there are no toilets or changing rooms
• Parents have to pay for medicines or food, so they may fall into debt
• Women and girls risk being attacked or bitten by snakes as they go to the toilet in the open, especially if the culture dictates that they have to go out at night.
Water and sanitation projects enable families to build a toilet, have access to clean water, and to learn about handwashing and other hygiene principles.
Dignity is restored when the whole family can use a private, hygienic toilet at their home and no longer have to squat in the bush.
o3 group are members of the IWSA (Independent Washroom Services Association) whose members donate monthly to the Toilet Twinning charity to help communities build loos from Bangladesh to Zambia, Malawi to Pakistan.
Visit the Toilet Twinning website for more information